Chiro-Medical Group places a special emphasis on quality chiropractic care. Our Chiropractors are highly skilled doctors who gently use their hands to adjust your back, shoulders, neck, head, legs, feet, elbows, wrists and hands. Licensed Chiropractors are Doctors of Chiropractic who have completed at least 6 years of academia and training with emphasis on anatomy, physiology, embryology, microbiology, diagnosis, x-ray, pathology, orthopedics and neurology.
Our chiropractors can help you find relief from headaches, back pain, work related injuries, computer fatigue, work tension, carpal tunnel, and neurological disorders. Chiropractic treatment can help many people recover without the use of unnecessary medications or surgery.
Fast, effective chiropractic care is important and has also been shown to be more cost-effective for employers and insurers than standard health care for many conditions related to the neck, back, and extremities. Numerous studies have shown that companies who integrate chiropractic care and spinal injury prevention into their healthcare plan experience financial and productivity gains. This is especially important since back pain and back injuries are second only to the common cold as the reason people seek medical care.
It is estimated that 80% of the population are affected by back pain during their lifetime. Studies by the Rand Corporation, the Canadian Government, the British Medical Council, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, have demonstrated that spinal manipulation and chiropractic care gets patients well faster, reduces sick days and lost productivity, and is highly cost-effective.
Our Chiropractors are highly skilled doctors whose experience includes:
- State Qualified Medical Examiner (Q.M.E.), California
- Certified Industrial Disability Examiner, (I.D.E.), California
- Certified Manipulation under anesthesia, Parker College of Chiropractic
- Founding Board Member, Federation Internationale de Chiropratique Sportive (F.I.C.S.), World Governing Body of Sports Chiropractic, 1987
- Accredited Olympic Team Physician, XXIV Olympiad, Korea, 1988
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner, (C.C.S.P.)
- Team Physician Program, American College of Sports Medicine, 1989–1991 and 2004
- Coors Light Cycling Team Doctor, 1989–1992
- United States Olympic Free-style Ski Team Doctor, Lake Placid, NY 1988
- World Martial Arts Silver Cup Championships, Oakland, CA 1990
- World Corporate Games, Concord, CA 1989
- World Championships of Track and Field, Rome, Italy, 1987
- Medical Committee, United States Taekwondo Union
- Adjunct faculty at Palmer College teaching on-field sports injury management
- Member of the medical team for the Eco Challenge multi sport adventure race
- Medical Staff, Ironman Triathlon, Canada, California, Hawaii
- Sports Medicine, TriOne Triathlon, Alameda, California
- Active Release Techniques, Ironman Performance Care
- Chiropractor for the US national Team, Triathlon
- Post-graduate faculty (former) Northwestern College of Chiropractic, Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, Western States College of Chiropractic
- Treating doctor for professional theater tours to include Cats, Rockettes, Damn Yankees
- On-call doctor for numerous concert tours to include Dave Matthews, Steven Stills, Bruce Springsteen, 'N Sync
- NFL Team Chiropractic Representative
- Attending physician, National Sit-Down Arm Wrestling Championships, Atlantic City
- Attending physician, World Power lifting Championships, Reading, England
- Doctors for Team-in-Training and Nike Town Running Club
- Chiropractic Consultant, San Francisco Spine Center, St. Francis Memorial Hospital, 1990–1994
- And many, many more